Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Love Journal for Ava: 2 to 3 Months



Love Journal for Ava: 2 to 3 Months

My sweet baby girl, this month started off with your baby dedication at Gardendale First Baptist Church. What a wonderful day it was! We were joined by many family members including: Aunt Stacy, Uncle Eric, Aunt Rebecca, Norah, Nana, Poppy, Gigi, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Kari, Ansley, Kailyn, Michele and Mike. This was the first time we were able to take you to church. There was nothing better than to take you to church for the first time and dedicate you to the One that gave you to us.

The doctor said he thought we were safe to take you to church so not only did we get to start back on Sunday mornings but we also got to start going back to Wednesday night Oasis at GFBC. You slept the entire service and you were the perfect angel during the service. Everyone talked about how beautiful you are. Mommy and Daddy already knew that but loved hearing it from so many others.

This month Mommy had to return to work and leave you at daycare. I thought I would be more prepared to take you to daycare since I knew what to expect with your sister. I was not at all prepared to leave you and go back to work. The thought of not holding you in my arms, feeding you when you were ready to eat and kissing those sweet cheeks absolutely broke my heart, still does. I cannot get to Adventure Quest quick enough each day to pick-up you and your sister from school. I love loving on you when I get you home! Your Daddy says that you and I grow roots in the big chair when we get home because all I do is sit and hold you.

We celebrated your first Valentine’s Day. I bought teething rings for you to give all of your buddies at school for Valentine’s. I thought they were pretty cute! You received many Valentine’s gifts but I think our favorite gift was diapers and formula. You and your sister looked so cute in your Valentine’s outfits. Of course I think the two of you look cute in everything.

Daddy and the neighbors made snow for the first time this year in the neighborhood. So you experienced your first snow. Blair held you on the sled while Mommy or Daddy pulled the two of you around the yard. We laughed when I brought you outside to see you all bundled up. You reminded us of the little boy from the movie The Christmas Story when he was all bundled up. You seemed to enjoy the snow so much that you feel fast asleep in Blair’s arms sledding.

You slept through the night for the first time. Thankfully you take after your sister and love to sleep just like her. This made Mommy and Daddy extremely happy!

You found your giggle box and it is contagious. When you laugh, you make everyone around you smile and laugh. I love hearing you laugh out loud! You are such a sweet and happy baby. We love you to pieces sweet Ava Brooke!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE TO hear that sweet baby laugh, me and dallas crack up everytime!!! I cant wait to see yall soon :) love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete