Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love Journal to Ava: 1 to 2 months



Love Journal to Ava: One to Two Months

My sweet baby, you are staying awake a little more now. I love seeing you sleep so peaceful but I love even more seeing your sweet blue eyes looking around trying to take everything in. You remind me so much of your big sister when she was your size.

This month we celebrated New Year’s Eve with the Reeves Family shooting fireworks, playing Dirty Santa and enjoying time with family. We also spent some time at Nana’s house with Nana and Norah. I love the picture of you with Blair and Norah on New Year’s.

I have loved this last month with you and I am dreading going back to work. I just want to take in everything you do right now. I cannot get enough hugs and kisses before I go back. You started smiling when talked to this month. I love seeing you grin from ear to ear when I talk to you. Your sweet smile makes me smile! You also started noticing more of your surroundings. You absolutely are in awe of a ceiling fan and lights. You turn your head following voices that you know. Your sister still cannot stop loving on you.

Your sister thinks of you as her real baby doll. She is such a big helper and loves you more than you will know. She loves to love on you, feed you your bottle and change your wet diapers. I finally gave in and let you and your sister take a bath together in the big tub. You both loved it! If ever you are fussy, the bath calms you down instantly. I think you are going to be a water bug like your Daddy and sister.

Your Daddy and I are waking you up every 4 hours at night to eat and every 3 hours during the day until you pick up weight. Your Daddy is such a good Daddy and husband. He helps me so much with you and your sister. Even though I have not started work, your Daddy still gets up with you during the night to let me sleep. I do not know what we would do without sweet Daddy (just don’t tell him that).

At your two-month visit, you weighed in at 10 pounds, 2 ounces and 22.5 inches long. You picked up almost 3 pounds in one month. Your sweet little self has filled out and we love it! You are taking about 4-5 ounces of formula at every feeding.

Some of your firsts for this month:

Your first Build-A-Bear at the Galleria

Mommy painted your sweet little toes and they were adorable

First bath and shower with your sister

Visited Aunt Stacy at NBC, Nana at her office and Grandma at the Credit Union

Visited Grandpa at SBC soup kitchen

Smiling and Cooing

Noticing more of your surroundings and hands

Your Mommy and Daddy are so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy girls. We love watching both of you together. We love you sweet Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment