Sunday, August 1, 2010

Room Redo, Lake and Program

It has been a while since I last updated. So I wanted to let you know some of what we have been up to lately. I promised Blair several months ago a new bed for sleeping in her own bedroom, so I had to deliver. She and I went shopping and she picked out what she wanted (with a little help from me) at Rooms to go, a white daybed with a trundle. I found the cutest chair in the store so I threw that in the purchase as well. Of course with a new bed comes a room redo. I really should invest in Hobby Lobby stock. I think I bought everything I possibly could at this store for a pink and black bedroom and bathroom. I love her new bedroom and so does she. All we have left to do in her room is window treatments and then we can call it complete.





Blair has been in summer camp at GFBC since June. Last week all of the kids participated in a summer concert to show all of the parents what they had been working on in music class for the summer. The 4/5 year old classes were too stinking cute. They did an awesome job singing and dancing.

Blair with buddies, Ella and Reagan.

Want to know where we have been spending every minute possible this summer, Smith Lake. We cannot get enough of that place. I have loved the time we have spent with family and friends. I have loved watching my sweet little one master tubing, surfing with her daddy and skiing. I have loved watching my husband's excitement to be back on the water... skiing, wake boarding and surfing. I even mastered surfing and wake boarding this weekend. I am pretty proud of myself!

The loves of my life!
We have been super busy this week. We spent some time with my sister and brother-in-law, Rebecca and Dallas before they headed back to Germany. We loved what time we were able to spend with them and they looked great. We are sad that we will miss the arrival of Norah Belle in September. We love you guys!
The stomach bug struck our house this week as well. Blair was sick from Wednesday night until Friday with the bug. Thankfully it did not take her long to bounce back. On Saturday morning she and I went to the field for soccer try-outs while her daddy had to work. She did great! I cannot wait to see her again this year in action. Afterwards, we attended one of her friend's birthday swim party. She had a great time and besides the burning heat, I enjoyed it too. After the party, we headed to the lake with some of our sweet neighbors and enjoyed playing until late in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got around to looking at these pictures. Blair's room looks VERY cute! You did a great job. I'm sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete